LANDINGS - A Paulist Program for Returning Catholics
Welcoming Home "Returning Catholics"
A safe harbor or landing place for returning Catholics to explore their faith and their future with the Church.
A group of six to eight active Catholics joined together to welcome two to three returning Catholics to share and explore their faith together.
- A supportive community within which he/she can ask questions, discuss issues, deal with difficulties.
- An opportunity to be with ordinary Catholics who are trying to live their faith.
- A safe environment to come to terms with recent changes within the Church and themselves.
- A participation in the Church's evangelization mission by opening their hearts to those who've been away.
- An opportunity to share their time and faith.
- A chance to grow and learn from the spiritual journeys of one another.
After an initial interview with a priest, or trained representative of the Church, the returning Catholic is directed to a LANDINGS group.
The group will meet for approximately ten weeks in two-hour sessions. The conclusion of the program will be a weekend retreat, perhaps with other LANDINGS groups from the Diocese.
WHILE LANDINGS IS NOT:
- The "saved" welcoming the "sinners".
- People pressuring others to return.
- Full of answers to teach the enlightened.
- Blind to the hurt the Church may have caused someone . . .
- People in solidarity with the returning; who in their own lives have "returned", and continue to "return".
- Founded on the belief that we do not have to be trained theologians to share what we believe and to speak honestly about out faith, trusting in the Holy Spirit.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: