Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
Are you a visitor to the Church who's not Catholic but feels drawn to the Faith?
Are you a baptized Catholic who's never received Communion or Confirmation?
Are you a Catholic who just wants to know more about the Faith?
R.C.I.A. (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) is a unique process of initiation, formation and spiritual growth.
R.C.I.A. sessions include the presentation of faith lessons and group discussion in an informal atmosphere that encourages questions and individual reflection. Weekly sessions include discussions about the Catholic faith, scripture and faith-sharing.
The highlight of this program begins at the reception of the Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation at the Easter Vigil and culminates in the development of living one's life as a Catholic Christian.
The goals of the process are:
- To welcome non-Catholics who have been drawn to the faith of the Catholic Church.
- To prepare non-Catholic adults who desire to receive the initiation Sacraments of Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation.
- To provide an adult-oriented understanding and experience of the Faith.
- To build community that stresses prayerful decisions and participation, acting as a bridge to participation in the broader parish community.
- Above all, to foster in all who attend - Catholic and non-Catholic alike, a living relationship with the person of Jesus Christ.
For more information, contact Gary Arkin at 718-238-2600 x 104.