Attend Daily Mass—Masses are celebrated at 8:15 am and 12 noon.
Commit to Pray the Rosary Daily—The Rosary is prayed daily in the Church following the 8:15 am and 12 Noon Masses (on Fridays during Lent the Rosary follows the Stations of the Cross.
Spend some quiet time in Jesus’ presence During Lent Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament will take place . . .
In the Church: Sundays: Following the 12:30 pm Mass followed by evening prayer at 4:00 pm, Novena to St. Peregrine and Benediction.
Wednesdays: Following the Noon Mass with a novena to Our Lady of Perpetual Help and Benediction at 5:00.
First Friday, April 5th: Following the afternoon Stations of the Cross with a Holy Hour and Benediction at 5:00 pm
In the Blessed Sacrament Chapel: Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays—-8am to 9pm
Stations of the Cross — Fridays during Lent the Stations of the Cross are prayed immediately following the 12 noon Mass, at 7:00 pm and in Spanish at 7:30 pm .
On Good Friday, join us for Living Stations as presented by the 2019 Confirmation Candidates.
- Special envelopes are available for you to give alms to The Life Center here in Bay Ridge to assist women who choose life for their pre-born children. The results of our fasting can become the money we donate to the cause of protecting children from the effects of the New York State law permitting late term abortions.
- St. Vincent de Paul Society ministry of assistance. Everything you put in the Church's Poor boxes goes directly to assist the needs of the poor in our community.
- Rice Bowl boxes are also available. The money collected will go to Catholic Relief Services to aid millions of God’s children fleeing war, persecution and poverty.
Pope Francis has asked us to reconsider the heart of this Lenten activity. Pope Francis reminds us that these activities must truly enrich others: "I distrust a charity that costs nothing and does not hurt."
- Fast from hurting words and say kind words.
- Fast from sadness and be filled with gratitude.
- Fast from anger and be filled with patience.
- Fast from pessimism and be filled with hope.
- Fast from worries and trust in God.
- Fast from complaints and contemplate simplicity.
- Fast from pressures and be prayerful.
- Fast from bitterness and fill your heart with joy.
- Fast from selfishness and be compassionate to others.
- Fast from grudges and be reconciled.
- Fast from words and be silent so you can listen.